PEPPOL means Pan-European Public Procurement OnLine. It is a set of structures and features that enable cross-border e-Procurement.
Aim is to use standards to accelerate an electronically supported public procurement and save costs. PEPPOL provides a set of technical features that implements in ePurchase solutions&eCommerce exchange services. A multilateral transaction governs the use of the PEPPOL structure owned and maintained by OpenPeppol.
The PEPPOL network for the exchange of UBL documents is called the “4-corner model” and consists of:
2.Transmitter Access Point,
3.ReceiverAccess Point and
These documents include eOrders, eInvoices, eCatalogues, etc. take place.
Peppol Access Points connect users to Peppol network and exchange edocuments according to Peppol specifications. Buyers&suppliers are free to choose their preferred single access point provider to connect to all Peppol participants already on the network.
In this context, Peppol provides:
- Market enablement for interoperable eProcurement solutions
- Standards-based business process interoperability
- Peppol eDelivery Network and Peppol TIA, which form the technical and legal basis of interoperability
- Simplification&improvement recruitment process for buyers and suppliers who want to engage in eCommerce.
Peppol bases on three main pillars:
- Network (Peppol eDelivery Network).
- Document specifications (Peppol Business Interoperability Specifications ‘BIS’)
- Legal framework defining network governance (Peppol Transport Infrastructure Agreements – TIA)
Peppol International Invoice (PINT)
Based on existing definitions/standards for e-invoicing in the Peppol network. A new concept has been created for a defined standard for eInvoices in the Peppol network, with the Peppol-BIS-Invoicing 3.0 standard and its country-specific specifications, e.g., AU&NZ. The starting point for these invoices is a core invoice concept defined by the European Union. It is an extension of Peppol BIS Billing 3.0 that covers billing requirements in countries. Peppol standards will include the name “Peppol International Invoice” (PINT).
The PINT concept not only includes the definition of the document standard but also a conceptual/technical extension that simplifies the specification of which document types can receive. It will be possible to make definition in the sense of a “wildcard” so that everyone who complies with specified document type can be received.